Saturday, January 25, 2014

CASE Study


Hi friends.  Have you seen the Muse over at CASE Study?  It is none other than Donna Mikasa and just look at her amazing card!!!

I couldn't stray too much from Donna's card, why mess with perfection, right?!  I still want to recreate Donna's card EXACTLY one day.  It is stunning.  For my card I used some distress inks on watercolor paper, spritzed and let the colors blend to one side.  Kristina has a video on this technique here.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Cardstock:  Black, Watercolor paper
Ink:  Fired brick, wild honey, mowed lawn & Peacock feathers distress inks
Stamps:  Fine Line background (hero arts)
Accessories:  Tipped top dies, birthday trio dies, one liner dies (Papertrey Ink),  Holiday shapes dies (SSS)

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful Kristie! I love the spectrum of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely gorgeous! I love the colors in the background and how it all pops off the black base! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfection x 2...your card as well as Donna's! Fabulous color combo - love how the angle of the spritzed inks follows the angle of the panel! Great choice of sentiment dies too! Another sweet creation :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I have two beautiful Muses to inspire me. So beautiful, Kristie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card, Kristie! Your background panel is spectacular and I love the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...what a fabulous take this week's Case Study...I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. EEEk--Kristi--your card is so gorgeous. I know you didn't want to copy Donna exactly, but now I want to copy you exactly. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colors in this card! Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful! A wonderful case.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is awesome! Love those colors....

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the addition of blue and green on your card.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are much appreciated. Thank you!

Hugs,
Kristie